I had a conversation with some people over lunch the other day that made me stop and think about why I love rural living so much. There are so many reasons why I love it, but if I had to pick my absolute top reasons they would be:
5. The animals–Even if you don’t have livestock or pets chances are you’re bound to see a wild animal in all its natural beauty. But….can you really live “rurally” without livestock or pets?!
4. Peace and quiet– Well, for the most part. See #5 above–add in almost any animal and things start to get loud quickly.
3. The scenery– Whether it’s rolling hills or flat land for miles, you can’t beat the fields, woods, and grass pastures.
2. The privacy–In our case we actually have quite a few neighbors, but I still like to think that I can walk through my yard in whatever I want and mostly go un-noticed.
1. The freedom– To do whatever you want! (I suppose somewhat limited in some places)… Want to put up a horse fence? Want to tear up a patch of the yard to plant a huge garden? Want to plant some trees? Go for it, because nobody is going to tell you that you can’t.