Brace yourselves, because this is forbidden in the farmwife world– I don’t really like to cook.
Sorry to all my farming gals, but I just don’t.
But I do love my crockpot. I feel like that earns me some points, right?? We love to make soups, stews, chili, and meat-and-potatoes kinds of meals with our crockpot. Since there is just the two of us one crockpot meal usually lasts a few days. We can usually handle leftovers a couple times, and then we have to add something to the meal or slightly change it up.
This is the recipe we made up for our Easy Crockpot Bean Soup last week:
- Dry Beans:
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup light red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup white northern beans
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1 celery stalk, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup stock (we used our own homemade stock)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- Soak beans in a bowl of water overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans, add to crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
That’s it! Enjoy!